Senior Analyst, Heavy Reading
Alan Breznick covers the cable TV technology and IP video infrastructure markets, including cable MSO networks and services. In particular, he tracks the markets for new cable and broad-band access technologies, including Docsis 3.0 and 3.1, CCAP, EPON, IPv6, IP video, switched digital video, RFoG, DPoE and EPoC.
His reports for Heavy Reading include:
Formerly a contributing analyst at Kinetic Strategies and One Touch Intelligence, Breznick has covered the cable, telecom, broadband, media and consumer electronics industries for more than 20 years. As a business tech journalist, he previously reported for Light Reading Cable, Cable Digital News, Communications Daily, Multichannel News, Cable World and Communications Technology magazine. A New York City native, he is now based in the Toronto area. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Navigating Cable's IPv6 Transition (Vol. 11, No. 2, March 2013)
- Exploring Cable Next-Gen Video Services & Strategies (Vol. 8, No. 14, December 2010)
- Next-Gen Cable Networks: Opportunities for Fiber-Based Technologies (Vol. 7, No. 2, February 2009)
- Cable vs. Telcos: The Battle Over Business Voice Services (Vol. 6, No. 11, July 2008)
- Switched Digital Video & Cable's Looming Bandwidth Crisis (Vol. 5, No. 16, December 2007)